Sunday, November 9, 2008

Victory!

I finally finished! I revamped my website using the free web page template I downloaded! I couldn't get rid of the original page (I'm proud of it!) so I added a link onto my new homepage to include it. My new web page is located at http://aiuliano.myweb.usf.edu/ and I think it is a little more professional-looking. I have mostly dummy links up until I have completed all my projects but everything else is perfect. I had to mess with the code a bit to get the chipmunk picture to come up and the editing process was time-consuming but I think my efforts paid off and I'm very happy with the outcome! When you design a web page based on a template, you need to include all the components in the folder or else it won't show up on your page. There was a component labelled 'css' and I over-looked it at first because I was using SSH Secure Shell, not CSS but my page kept coming up all funny-looking. Once I added it, even though I don't have the CSS software on my computer, it fixed all the layering problems. I definitely learned a lot about posting a web page! Now for my presentation project...

No comments: